Monday, June 14, 2010

Cheese and Veggie Tortilla

Cheese and Veggie Tortilla. (Thank you Sharon K. from Frederick, Friday)
It is in Book 1 "Start Eating Smarter" page 46 Lunch Ideas:
Cheese and Veggie Tortilla
Top a 7" whole wheat tortilla with 1/4 cup each black beans and shredded low-fat cheddar cheese, and 1/4 cup fat-free salsa. Roll up and microwave 30-40 seconds. Serve with schredded lettuce and diced tomato.
POINTS value: 4
This is a great lunch - easy to prepare ahead of time. I put the black beans, cheese and salsa in a microwavable container. At lunch time I microwave this for 40 seconds. Then I eat it with a spoon and eat the tortilla like a piece of bread (so I don't dirty more plates than necessary :)) Also I find it hard to find the 7" tortilla so I just find the 8" with a point value of 2.
In the pamphlet, it says to eat this with:
1 oz. baked tortilla chips with 1/2 cup fat free salsa POINTS value: 2

No comments:

Post a Comment